Meet Our Company Members: John Noel

John Noel in Treehouse Shakers' Hatched, Photo Credit By Christopher Duggan
Tell us about yourself and how did you become a part of Treehouse Shakers? How long have you been with the company? What is your role(s) with the company?
I auditioned for Treehouse Shakers about 4 years ago. I was auditioning in a room full of dancers that were clearly better than me, and I felt so sure walking out of the room, that I didn't get the part. Apparently though, I had the best "Moo." I've been performing in Treehouse Shakers' show for the very early years, Hatched, ever since. I play a farmer, a rooster, baby birds, and you guessed it... a cow.  We are now working on a stage adaptation of the book, The Boy Who Grew Flowers, in which I will be playing the lead, Rink Bowagon. Honestly, couldn't be more excited!
John Noel as the Farmer in Hatched, 2016, Photo Credit Christopher Duggan
What has been your favorite role to play?
The rooster for sure. You get to crow real loudly and generally be kind of a jerk. But like, a fun jerk.

Tell us about a favorite audience moment you’ve had as a performer.
When the kids say goodbye to all the puppets like they are their new best friends, it gets me everytime. When they come back a year, or even years, later and remember the show and still love it... that's my absolute favorite.
John Noel as the Rooster in Hatched, Also featured Katie Montoya & Miranda Wilson

What makes Treehouse Shakers work unique or different than other companies you might have worked with?
Treehouse Shakers never makes work that talks down to children. Or underestimates them. They make good theatre. Period. I've seen Under the Tangle multiple times, and I feel like even as an adult I see something new every time.

What does it mean to celebrate 20 years with Treehouse Shakers?
I'm in awe. I can't even believe I get to associate myself with this company. All the years of work and creative energy is just so amazing to me. To last 20 years is incredible. To have this amazing body of work, connection to the community, and commitment to making it work is what makes Treehouse Shakers so special.
Hatched on Tour at Lake Placid Center for the Arts, NY
Featured: John Noel (Top Row)
Katie Montoya, Miranda Wilson and Travis Blackwell (Bottom Row)

About John Noel
John Noel has been performing since he was nine years old. At thirteen he was accepted to the Greater Hartford Academy of the Arts in Connecticut to study acting. Then he moved onto the Hartford Conservatory to study further study theater. Favorite roles include Hatched, The Boy Who Grew Flowers, Horatio in Hamlet (American Theatre of Actors), Andrei in Three Sisters (Onomatopoeia Theatre Co.),  Christmas Present in A Christmas Carol (13th St. Rep.),  and Juror #2 in 12 Angry Men (CityShow). He’s also toured the country with Poetry Alive! Read More at www.john-noel.com

Comments

Popular Posts