Hatched Returns to New York City




Hatched postcard design by Appolllo Bey, photo credit by Christopher Duggan
In May, Hatched will return to NYC. I am thrilled at the continued success of this piece; how it continues to grow, gain notoriety, and engage the youngest of audience members. We have also noticed many repeat families in the audience every year.

The anticipation of a cracking egg. From left to right Miranda Wilson, Trey Mitchell & Katie Montoya
I love our newer publicity shots, by Christopher Duggan. His photography completely captures the happiness, joy, and delight that this work brings to the youngest of audience members.

I love the joy of this baby's face, and on our wonderful performer, Katie Montoya.
For Hatched, I wanted to break the fourth wall, and give our wee audiences the ability to wander, interact, and engage with the piece. I am always disheartened when I see a play for young people and the teachers are shushing, the parents are telling their children to be still, and young audiences are expected to watch silently like an adult (which isn't fun as an adult either.) I truly believe, as artists, we need to make work that engages on every level. This first theatrical experience should be one of complete enjoyment, interaction, and heart.

I love this quote from one of our audience members, “Wonderful! And she could move and interact during the show so I didn’t have to worry about shushing her. We both thoroughly enjoyed it!”-Juliet Brown, NYC parent & Child Age 3

If you are in the New York City area, I hope you will join us for Hatched. It is great for babies, toddlers and preschoolers. Be sure to bring your camera; there are a lot of great moments to capture.

Treehouse Shakers' Presents Hatched
Conceived & Directed by Mara McEwin
Original Live Music By Anthony Rizzo
Puppets & Costumes by Patti Gilstrap
Lighting By Dan Ozminkowski
Set Design by Lauren Rockman

When:: May 1 & 2, 2015 @ 11 am
BAM (Fisher Building)
Hillman Studio
321 Ashland Pl. Brooklyn, NY 11217

When:: May 8, 2015 @ 11 am
The Ailey Studio Theater
405 W. 55th St., (Corner of 9th Ave.)
New York, NY 10019

Tickets::http://hatchedailey15.bpt.me/
              http://hatchedbam15.bpt.me/

For inquiries and large groups:: 212-715-1914 or tickets@treehouseshakers.com



Comments

Popular Posts